Students applying to Texas Southern University who have completed all high school requirements for graduation (including passing the STARR- Texas Residents Only) and have not attended a college or university since graduating high school are considered a first–year freshman.
- Fall - July 15
- Spring - December 15
- Summer I - May 1
- Summer II - June 1
Financial Aid Deadline:
- Priority - April 15 for Fall
- FAFSA Code: 003642
- $42.00 application fee (Non-refundable) -
No application will be processed without the required application fee or approved fee waiver
- Most recent official high school transcript or GED Test Report (Electronically through an EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) system, e.g. Speede/TRex, Parchment/Naviance, National Student Clearinghouse, Scoir, Scrib and Greenlight)
- Grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00
- Official SAT or ACT test scores
- Texas Southern University ACT school code: 4216
- Texas Southern University SAT/College Board Code: 6824
- ACT 17 (composite) or 820 (SAT Critical Reading and Mathematics combined, if taken before March 2016, or 900 SAT total
score,if taken after March 2016).
- Complete Placement Testing upon admission.
TSU Board Approves Temporary Revision to Admissions Standards Due to COVID-19
Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaOn October 15, 2020, the TSU Board of Regents approved a temporary update to the university's admission policy to allow first-time freshman applicants with a minimum 2.75 GPA to be automatically admitted by waiving the SAT or ACT score requirement. This updated policy is in addition to the Board-approved policy on June 1, 2020 which allows first-time freshman applicants with a minimum 3.0 GPA and ranked in the top 25% of their high school class to be automatically admitted without an SAT or ACT score. These temporary polices were approved in response to the limited testing options due to COVID-19. The updated policies were approved only for the 2020-21 academic year.
Additionally, these students will not need to present ACT or SAT scores as part of the admissions process. Even though ACT/SAT scores have been waived, students must still take the TSI exam for placement. More information on the TSI can be found on the TSU Testing Center webpage.
Texas Uniform Admission Standards
Per state law, TEC 51.803-51.809, Uniform Admissions Standards (UAS) require all residents who graduate from a Texas public high school meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be eligible for consideration for admission at a Texas four-year public institution:
- Successfully complete the Recommended or Advanced (Distinguished) High School Program, Foundation High School Program or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent* in content and rigor to the Recommended or Advanced (distinguished) High School Program or Foundation High School Program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the SAT or ACT assessment:
- SAT- 1500 out of 2400 (Verbal + Math + Writing)
- ACT- 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Mathematics and 24 Science
NOTE: In order to claim curriculum equivalenciesXổ số miền bắc 30 ngày qua for a student applicant, the high school counselor or other school officials must complete one of the two Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board exemption forms and attach the completed certification to the student’s high school transcript or diploma prior to submission to the admissions office.
Undocumented High School Students Must Have:
- Graduated from a public or private high school or received a high school diploma or GED in the State of Texas.
- Resided in this state for at least three consecutive years before the date of graduation from high school or before receiving the equivalent of the high school diploma (GED).
- Sign an Affidavit of Intent stating that the individual will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity the individual is eligible to do so. Please send to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in the address box below.